Thursday, September 10, 2026

Gary Myers obit

Gary Myers, patriarch of Myers racing family, dead at 76

 

He was not on the list.


Former NASCAR driver and patriarch of the Myers racing family, Gary Myers, died at the age of 76 on Thursday night, according to his son.

Gary Myers made 47 starts over the course of his 5-year NASCAR career, according to Motorsport Stats.

Myers is the father of professional racers Burt and Jason Myers.

Gary Myers himself also came from a lineage of racing royalty; he is among the second generation of four generations of racers in the Myers family. He is the son of NASCAR driver Billy Myers and his uncle is Bobby Myers; both are two of the early legends of Bowman Gray Stadium. His cousin, Danny ‘Chocolate’ Myers, is a longtime NASCAR staffer and personality.

Continuing in the tradition of his father and uncle, Gary Myers won 38 races at Bowman Gray Stadium.

Burt Myers shared a heartfelt tribute to his father on Facebook:

“Last night I lost my hero. He fought so hard but was so tired. My daddy is in Heaven and can finally do the things he wanted to do the last several years. Thank God for the times we had. He taught me everything I know. Selfishly I want him here but I know he is much better off now. I miss him so much. I love you Daddy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment